VOCAB DOSE -Words related to being many in number
The best thing about life is that it allows to form as many combinations as you wish. You can combine a dozen of something or collect a flock or literally call upon a multitude, if you wish. What are we talking about? We are talking about a group of words that represent ‘numbers’, or to be precise, each word in this group represents some form of collection or the other. Explore the list here:
1. Assortment: A collection of various kinds; a variety.
2. Bunches: A group of things.
3. Copious: Large in number or quantity; abundant; extensive in quantity.
4. Deluge: An overwhelming number or amount.
5. Dozens: An indefinite, large number or amount.
6. Enormous: Very great in size, extent, number, or degree.
7. Extensive: Great in amount, number, or degree.
8. Flock: Very great in size, extent, number, or degree.
9. Heaps: A large number or amount.
10. Infinite: Too numerous to be counted.
11. Multifarious: Having great variety; diverse.
12. Multitude: A large indefinite number.
13. Multiplicity: A large number or variety.
14. Numerous: Amounting to a large number; many.
15. Plenty: More than sufficient; ample; many.
16. Profusion: Abundance.
17. Oodles: A large amount; many numbers.
18. Slew: A large amount or number; a lot.
19. Umpteen: Innumerable but many.